• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

01 TJ head same as 95 XJ head?

woody431

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking around for a cylinder head for my stroker that I could use as a test head for porting and flow numbers. I have a 95 XJ 4.0 HO, would a 4.0 head from a 01 Wrangler be the same? I found one for $50, just a bare one. Anyone know?

The '99+ #0331 heads have smaller exhaust ports than the '91-'95 #7120 heads so they're not going to be comparable for baseline exhaust flow numbers. The intakes are the same though.
I just finished porting the '92 head that I'm going to use in my '00 block-based stroker and I wish I had access to a flowbench to get some numbers. If I may say so, I think I did a great job with it and it should flow a damn sight more than stock especially on the exhaust side. I'll get some pics.

So should I buy it and use it or should I just look for a HO XJ head? My brother has a flowbench and he's doing all the work to the head.

Back