• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

extended bumpstops?

cardboard

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for an extended bumpstop for my xj. I have 3" lift currently but about all i find are 5" extentions, whats the deal. Where is the best place to find these also.

Here's what I did:

Front- hockey pucks bolted to the coil pad.

Rear- made some spacers for the stock bumpstops.

I can't think of anyone that makes production extended bumpstops, but they could be out there.

HTH

Pat

Well hey Pat I thought you fell off the face of the earth. Ive found 5" extended stops and 1 1\2" but nothing in the middle. Ive heard of the hockey puck method but wasnt sure about it. I gotta do it one of these days soon cause im also looking to buy and install a new set of front shocks,one of mine is leaking bad.

P.S. Has Gene removed all that stuff from under his mj yet, he was suppose to shut me a price but hasnt as of yet. Later Digger

RE makes pucks for the front

Rustys makes push ins to extend the fronts & longer rears.

You can always add some box tubing t the rear to extend the rear.

You can always trim the 5" extensions...

I got some brand new Rusty's extended front bumpstops in the mail the other day, they are nice but I have lost hope in installing them because I haven't got any more time. They shipped them to me for $40 for the pair, I will ship them to you for $35. Sorry its not much of a deal. Let me know if you are interested.
-John Shipley

i know DPG makes some for the rear that bolt to the leaf pack. i plan on going this route..., as for the front, the hockey puck is probably the most cost efficient as well as "serves the purpose" was to go.

brandon

Rear...

rbump2.jpg

Front...

puck.jpg

If you want, send me a set of u-bolt plates and $15 and I'll make you up a set of rear extentions...

Back