• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

herculiner on plastic?

xjhm

NAXJA Forum User
thinking about using one of the liner coatings on my new bumper...does anyone know of a brand that comes in white? also does this stuff stick to plastic like the factory quarter panel guards on a '99...that way if i have to go with black the front bumper wont be the only thing not white on the xj and also any bad reviews on the duplicolor or rustoleum brands... i already read the great things on the herc. and the durabak while searching...and do you have to order durabak or does any retail stores carry it...btw i have my gloves and a condom ready(i would hate to be that guy :) )i wonder if he know that everybody else knows lol

xjhm said:
thinking about using one of the liner coatings on my new bumper...does anyone know of a brand that comes in white? also does this stuff stick to plastic like the factory quarter panel guards on a '99...that way if i have to go with black the front bumper wont be the only thing not white on the xj and also any bad reviews on the duplicolor or rustoleum brands... i already read the great things on the herc. and the durabak while searching...and do you have to order durabak or does any retail stores carry it...btw i have my gloves and a condom ready(i would hate to be that guy :) )i wonder if he know that everybody else knows lol

You can order some stuff in colors and I believe that includes herculiner, linex, rhino line and so on. To make it stick to plastic, just rought it up with some very rough sand paper (literally score it up).

well just went by advance auto parts and they have pulled herculiner from the shelf...the guy didn't know why, so i ran by k-mart and they don't carry it anymore i even called wal-fart and they are no longer carrying it...
does anyone know why...

we have no autozone,pep boys, kragen, etc. only advance and the small parts stores that cant figure out why i need a bed liner for a cherokee. lol
i will be going out of town tomorrow i'll try to find one of these stores then...thanks

I used two cans of Duplicolor black texture spray-on ($8ea @ Advance Auto) to spray my stock bumpers, flares/airdam, lower body, rockers, doorsills & the kat that snuck up. Should have bought 3 cans, but touched up the few light spots with some satin black paint.

Too soon to tell if it's good or junk.

I masked off the flexy plastic bumper corners FWIW

Back