• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 questions

Garthbmn7

NAXJA Member #524
Found a Dana 44 front from an 83 waggy. However I have never seen one that looks like this one. On the drivers side of the diff is a rectangular extension. On top of this is a hexagon shaped bolt going up to a horn looking type of object. Coming out of that are 3 rubber hoses. Can anyone tell me what that piece is? Is this axle useless for my 98?
Found a 2nd front from another waggy but the diff is off a few inches from what my D30 is. Does this matter? Or would I have to do some extending and tweaking to make it match my 30?
Thanks all

The first one you describe is a Vacuum disconnect front waggy D44. Step away and find another one.

Yeah its a generally unpopular axle due to the vac disconnect. Though it could make it like a selectable locker. or give you 2wd low range with a selectable locker.

Back