• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle tube seals

tighttrailxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched but not located what I need. I have a 90
XJ, D30, non-disco. I need the plastic seals that prevent debris from entering the axle tube. My originals were split in half and snapped together. I see on brand new TJ's that they are a one piece unit. My dealer is severly lacking intelligence and could not get me either ones. Does anyone have any info. I didn't find them on any XJ in the junk yard and I don't want to spend over $100 on aftermarket seals. Thanks

I really don't think it's gonna hurt if you don't have them.

I lost/broke mine a few years ago and just didnt replace them. No probs yet.

HTH

4 Wheel drive hardware has them.PT#4797769 inner axle dust shield
They are two piece ,white plastic.$4.75 each. The new axles I ordered already had the black plastic shield on the axle and the dust shield that sits behind the unit bearing already installed.
Wayne

thanks for that website info, easier to find parts than that damn dealership. I see that the new TJ's have a one piece design which seems much better. I'll try to find it on that site. I am trying to protect the inner seals from dirt and grime. Thanks again

Back