• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 axle shaft

METAL MONKEY

NAXJA Forum User
well, it appears that I have bent axle shaft. it's the passenger side shaft. i've got an '95, so it's a 27 spline correct? my question is, where is the best place to buy them, and about how much should i expect to pay. also, is there anything else that i should get to replace while i'm replacing the shaft?

thanks

I would check a junk yard first. That way you can get some extras as spares. Check out Randy's Ring and Pinion
www.ring-pinion.com
www.rustysoffroad.com
Drivetrain Direct might as well. No idea on cost. but I would say someplace around 130-150 for each shaft. Just a guess based off of Dana 35 shafts.
Juice

Yeah, replace em both w/ 29 splines and throw in an ARB while yer at it!
:roflmao:
That's just what I wish I could do I guess. What do you have now?

i'm riding on 31" BFG km's with a 5 spd. if i had the money now i'd regear, but i don't. right now, i'm saving to get some of AJ's stuff. i need tow points and rocker protection first. i can live with the 3.07's for now. so, just replacing the one shaft is my only option.

btt

Search the For Sale forum. There is sure to be one in your area. Most guys are trying to sell the entire unit, but some might be willing to part theirs out. I have one, but it is in western Colorado.

What would it take to upgrade to a 29spline? I'm in a 95 with an 8.25 27 spline. Do I just get new axles, or do I need the 29 spline 3rd member as well? I planned on throwing a No-Slip in there and 4.56 gears. Will this axle hold 33's and a stroker?

If you need 8.25 27 spline shafts, I've got two used ones from a '96 I could sell you for a modest fee. I just upgraded the rear to 29splines and locked it.

If you do the upgrade, you will need a new carrier.

Enjoy,

Matt

Just saw this post. I have 1. I am about 30 miles S of Effingham, Il. I will let it go for $45 + shipping. But it would be just as cheap to come get it. JIM.

Back