• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 pic and Electrical Q

Ted Z said:
... she won't start!?!?!

Checked all fuses and relays...

Hmmm... could be about a billion things (like CPS/Sync data missing)

Really though -- go for the common things -- listen for your fuel pump when you turn the key -- ensure that you have pressure in your fuel rail... then check for spark, and see if you have an injector pulse (removing one sparkplug, smell the hole then crank for a bit and smell again - should smell gassy [NOT Taco-bell gassy, FUEL gassy!} without the gas smell you're not getting injection).

A quick inspection of the fule lines and connections near the tank may be in order (you've beeen playing around them quite a bit).

If you welded the perches insitu, you m ay wanna disconnect your battery for a bit to see if something odd is hashing your computer (eddy-currents and all) ...

Oh yeah - is your battery providing 9V or better while cranking?

I'm sure some year and other vehicle specific data could be helpful and would generate additional replies as well...

[edit]typos moved or modified[/edit]

I should rephrase...... No Radio, Dash lights, brake lights, no fuel pump sound...absolutely nothing with the key in the on position except the buzzer lettin me know the key is in.....

check the connections at the battery and clean them up. If that doesn't help put a load tester on the battery and see what it does. All 3 of my last batteries died like that.
They were working fine and then just completely went to crap all at once. The last one would run the dome lights and the buzzer but would die as soon as a larger load hit it.

Back