• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

poor boy lift for 86xj

mike86xj

NAXJA Forum User
i'm lifting my xj using dakota leafs and need some cheap coils,
coils from a f150 net about 2" but would be fairly stiff,(how much extra weight would smooth the ride?) what else could i use? zj coils give 1" of lift?
I need around 4" total, and will use coil spacers if nessisary.

Thanks for any help
Mike

I'm running zj coils now and I think they give about 1-1.5 inches of lift I also have 2inch spacers on the front got about 3.5inches total measured lift in the front, center of wheel to fender. How do the dakota leafs work, my leafs are in really sad shape and am looking into some new leafs too.

I'm kinda worried about using the F-150 coils because of the ride quality and it could kill the articulation. I'm just wondering if it would be better when i put my winch on the front bumper (winch weighs 136 lbs. + the front bumper weight) so it will be somewhere between 175-200lbs.

Get quote from PORC on pirate4x4.com in the vendors section. RE coils from him any height are $100 + shipping (shipping for me was around $9-$10). I know it isn't as cheap as you probably want, but for that price and the quality it was hard to pass up for me. Just a thought.

i would love to be able to afford that but my old lady would kill me if i spent that much money.
she was allready complaining about the $70can i spent on the other parts for the lift
$27 for wrecker dakota leafs
$22 for a new yj rear brake hose
$23 for new u bolts and spring clips
I'm hoping to find somthing used or that i can get from the auto wrecker

Back