• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving the Trac Bar

XJAlaska

NAXJA Forum User
I will eventually get an adj. tarc bar when I go up another 2", but until then I don't like the offset of the axle.

May sound kinda silly:dunce: , but how do I figure out where to drill and remount my trac bar. Will the XJ reposition/recenter itself when I detach the trca bar? Will I have to force it into place? I understand what it's for, but I don't understand how to select the place to redrill the hole.:dunno:

Thanks for the help.

Well, I don't believe that drilling a new hole is going to solve the problem.... But, once your track-bar is off, you can turn the steering wheel, and center the front axle under the Jeep..

Once the track bar is disconnected at the axle end you can center the axle by turning the steering wheel. Then when the axle is centered (I used a plum bob off the flares and a tape measure). I held the track bar back in the original bracket. Turned out that the track bar was 3/4" (4 1/2" lift) short. I drilled a whole parallel 3/4 over from the original hole. Hope this Helps
Jerry

Thanks for the info. Will be trying it out tomorrow. Got the day off to watch the kid.:woohoo:

Back