• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mopar Performance Part #?

trekker

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,
I am giving the ol' girl a tune-up and heard about using the Mopar Performance plug wires as an inexpensive upgrade. I think I have this part number right; P4876436. I was wondering if there was a Mopar Performance cap and rotor that would also be an upgrade, and what the part numbers are.
Thanks, and yes I tried a search, but couldn't find info on the cap and rotor. :spin1:
Todd

Thanks for the link Juice. It looks to me, however, that the cap and rotor they are selling there are the oe. I was more interested in a possible upgrade, i.e. Mopar Performance. Could be there is no such beast.
Thanks again,
Todd

trekker said:
Hi,
I am giving the ol' girl a tune-up and heard about using the Mopar Performance plug wires as an inexpensive upgrade. I think I have this part number right; P4876436. I was wondering if there was a Mopar Performance cap and rotor that would also be an upgrade, and what the part numbers are.
Thanks, and yes I tried a search, but couldn't find info on the cap and rotor. :spin1:
Todd

Need to know the year of your XJ. The wires and the cap & rotor are different for the Renix than for the HO.

I would say call a dealer or get onto their web site. At least they used to have that stuff on mopar.com. But I just looked and it's not there anymore.
Ya your just going to need the year for the 4.0 Renix/HO. I remember the dealer asking me last year when I replaced mine. Doesn' really help but an idea. Juice

Hey, Oops, sorry about that :rolleyes:
Its a 1991. The local dealership can order the Mopar performance stuff, they just can't look up part numbers as they don't have the catalogue. I am thinking though that the Mopar one does not have the brass contacts, which I would prefer.

Hmmm,
Don't know much about Accel, but saw this complete kit on Summit for $49, might be worth it. What do you think?
"The 8mm Extreme 9000 wire set features a low-resistance Ferro-Spiral core and heat-reflective coated spark plug boots rated to 1,200 degrees F. The distributor cap and rotor are precision-molded from impact-resistant high-dielectric strength compounds, have brass or copper inserts (depending on your application), and stainless steel contact springs. And the race-proven U-Groove copper core spark plugs deliver maximum burn efficiency for improved performance and reduced emissions."
:huh:

Okay, I know this probably has been gnawing at a lot of you :D
So I thought I would post my newest idea; I'm just going to bite the bullet and order a set of the Magnecor wires (only $10 more than the Mopar Performance at dealership), and get the Napa cap and rotor with the brass contacts.
Ok, you all can go back to your regularly scheduled programs now! :guitar:
Todd

Good decision.

The Mopar wires are good, but the Magnecore are better. Mopar performance cap and rotor were brass a few years ago, but the last set I bought (using the part number from the Performance Catalog) had crappy aluminum contacts, so Mopar may have cheapened up on that item.

Back