• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Midwest run over Memorial day?

Rockport sounds like a good destination... not terribly far from me, either, about 70 miles or so. Memorial Day is Monday, 5/31.

seanR said:
Don't you have to sign up early for Dresser? I heard they only let so many people do that at one time.

Yes, sign-up is going on now. I just mentioned that to see if anyone here was going.

McCaslin Mountain
Lets do it!
McCaslin Mountain campground owns all 100 miles or so of trails in the back side of the campground.
You can wheel all day and all night if you wanna.
They have a few trailers for rent, plenty of camping.
Nice little store, and bars nearby.
I am making reservations in a week or so.
Let me know whos in and I can lead us up from Milwaukee if you like.
Hasta.

To be honest, The Badlands are getting old! I need something different!
I would love to go to TRJC's Illini jeep safari, but it is a little pricey for me right now,and with evry thing else going on right now I better not plan too much for this summer.

I will be at Hogans Offroad in Disney, Oklahoma that weekend but I still want to plan a trip with y'all sometime.
DIG IT!

How about something a little farther south, maybe a centraly located wheeling area that would give more people a chance to go. Seems like were trying to cover the whole midwest and then pick the park that is about as far north as we can go. I visited rockport in IL. for the first time this weekend and had a great time.

If the whole group isn't in for it, cool, but seemed like there were some southern folks who were wanting to wheel also. Maybe we can still plan a run.

Brian

I'm in... what is Rockport like? My big XJ isn't and won't be ready in time, but my wife's armored but otherwise stock Upcountry Limited is available. Are there trails for all levels?

Lawn Cher' said:
I'm in... what is Rockport like? My big XJ isn't and won't be ready in time, but my wife's armored but otherwise stock Upcountry Limited is available. Are there trails for all levels?
Is Rockport the place?

If so, I SHOULD be able to make the trip up. It should only take about 8 hours at 75-80mph.

Back