• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

air intake question

wek91xj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, after some jerks at school poured fish juice and blood in the snorkel i was checking my air box and the filter was trrashed... so i unhooked the snorkel and put on a cool air intake. ... now im planning hooking th snorkel back up to this new system by building my own little box with the hose connecteed round it.... one of my buddys told me i need to get a new cool air thermostat?.... is this necesarry, or will my stock one be fine... should it stioll be normal to run 200/210 with the cool air/snorkel conbo or what

Thanks. will

There is no thermostat on the air intake, and there is no need to change the intake air temperature sensor.
200/210 is normal for the XJ. Cool air intake won't change that.

Fred

wek91xj said:
Ok, after some jerks at school poured fish juice and blood in the snorkel i was checking my air box and the filter was trrashed... so i unhooked the snorkel and put on a cool air intake. ... now im planning hooking th snorkel back up to this new system by building my own little box with the hose connecteed round it.... one of my buddys told me i need to get a new cool air thermostat?.... is this necesarry, or will my stock one be fine... should it stioll be normal to run 200/210 with the cool air/snorkel conbo or what

Thanks. will
hope it doesn't smell like rotten fish on a warm day... or unless you turn the heater on. :viking:

Back