• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winch mount

mikeygone1

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 88 that I bought with a Manik brush guard. I am planning on buying a winch soon and was wondering if it would be possible to strengthen the attachment points on the guard and mount the winch to it. I know that Manik makes winch mounting plates for some of its brush guards that are made out of the same material as mine. I think the brush guard is mounted to the same place that the front receiver hitch is. Any suggestions? I hate to get rid of it if I dont have too. Thanks.

I'll bite. I have not had a Manik brush guard, but I helped a friend remove his. In my experience, they mount mainly with a tab that hangs down from the factory bumper mounts. To do it right, you would want to run a tab back through the face of the bumper, and catch as many bolts holes as you can along the way, and go back to the hole which front tow hook brackets mount to. If you welded this directly to the brush guard, then built a plate to set the winch on, then you should be in pretty good shape.

I wasn't very fond of the Manik for the way it hangs down under the bumper and under the front air dam, but that is just me.

Can't help you with the front hitch, but what would be the point, it you beefed the brush guard up? You could make d-ring mounts right on the brush guard for tow points.
Would take some work, but could be a pretty stout winch mount

Back