• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front window conversion

MauriceGOL

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I would like to get rid of that half window thing in the front door windows. Does anyone know where I could fine a good kit or know any plans that I could use to take care of it?

Greg

That little triangle window thing is on my 2-door 1994, but not on my 4-door 2001. I don't know if yours is a 2 or 4-door, but you might try checking junk yards for a late model XJ.

Robert

has anyone tried what the guy on the link did? did it work? will my window still roll down?

MauriceGOL said:
has anyone tried what the guy on the link did? did it work? will my window still roll down?

I haven't tried shooting my pistol between the door and body.........OH, you mean the window swap?

Sure, I did this a few years back to get rid of the leaky vent windows that dripped water onto my power window switch. It's a pretty simple swap, take out the old vent window assembly, and install the new, non-vent window assembly.

I think y'all are talking about two different things. The link (http://www.off-road.com/jeep/cherokee/xjtech/body/ventlesswindows.html) provided by sjx40250 is just a way to change out the often-leaky ventable windows for fixed ones. You still have the half window (triangle window) mentioned by MauriceGOL though.

XJWheelie's 2001 doesn't have a "triangle window" because of the 1997 redesign. The window in those models is larger, including the area that was fixed/vented in the 84-96 models.
NAXJA Forum User

See your point Yuccaman, Maurice.......what year is your rig? Are you trying to get 97 and up 1 piece winders into a pre-97 model? If so, it can be done, but it's not quite as easy as the other mod.

I have an 88 and I would like a full window so a) i won;t get drenched in the car wash b) my girl won't get drenched in the car wash and c) I will be able to here my tires road noise instead of the wind zipping though the cracks.

MauriceGOL said:
I have an 88 and I would like a full window so a) i won;t get drenched in the car wash b) my girl won't get drenched in the car wash and c) I will be able to here my tires road noise instead of the wind zipping though the cracks.

Again, are you trying to get 97 and up 1 piece windows into a pre-97 model? If so, it can be done, but it's not quite as easy as the other mod.

If all you want to do is get rid of the leaky, noisy vent windows, then simply find a donor rig that has the non-movable triangle window, unbolt them, reinstall them in your 88. I've done this in my 89 and like the results.

If you want to go with 1 piece glass in the front doors like the 97+ XJ's have, this is a little more complex than the wing window swap. I have no first hand knowledge of this mod.

XJ4PLAY said:
so back to the original question, has anyone done this and if so what is involved?

Vague questions net vague answers.................be more specific and read the whole thread. :)

I would like something like the 97+ with the whole thing rolling down, that would be ideal

Back