• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My vacation time is reserved......

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So, who else has their time reserved and is FOR SURE going to make it? I'll be doing Fordyce and the 'Con, but I have to be back at work and can't do Barrett Lake. Who from out of state is making the trek?

Only 19 weeks to go.....

I put in for this week off work but I'll only do the Rubicon portion. I can't say I'm 100% sure on attending since we will be having our second child before now and then but I plan to be there. I'm looking forward to meeting a lot you guys as I've never been on a NAXJA run. This one being very close to me I can't pass up! This is coming up quick and I have a lot of upgrades I need to do between now and then. Currently installing RE5.5" kit (1/2 way done) and I'll swap in a HP30 with 4.56 gears with a Lockright up front / ARB rear, and 33" tires... Gotta get it done!

I'm in. Going to do Fordyce and the con week. Have to pass on Barret.
I should be up there friday afternoon. Where are we meeting for the start of Fordyce ?

I'll be there all week. I haven't run Fordyce or BLT in over a year, looking forward to it. Hopefully the water on Fordyce will cooperate. ;)

Jes

Jes said:
I'll be there all week. I haven't run Fordyce or BLT in over a year, looking forward to it. Hopefully the water on Fordyce will cooperate. ;)

Jes

Yeah, I better think about some water proofing techniques. My Renix air box probably isn't a good idea.......

Ya, the stock air intake location might be a bad idea.
Here's Jack emerging from crossing one, he's got 35s and about 5"s of lift...
picture.JPG

Here's Gary at crossing two, he had 33s back then...
picture.JPG

Crossing two is tricky because there's some big rocks and holes under water that you can't see till you hit them. ;)

Jes

Jes said:
Ya, the stock air intake location might be a bad idea.
Here's Jack emerging from crossing one, he's got 35s and about 5"s of lift...
picture.JPG

Here's Gary at crossing two, he had 33s back then...
picture.JPG

Crossing two is tricky because there's some big rocks and holes under water that you can't see till you hit them. ;)

Jes

Holy shi...er, that's deep.

My motor swallowed a gulp of water the last ime I ran Fordyce, same place as Jack in the pics above.

The only thing that saved the motor and kept me running was the fact that my motor had so much blow-by that it wouldn't hydrolock!

It can be deep for sure, but usually in August it's OK. Guys on 31's and low lifts may have some trouble. I'll check water levels before we head out.

CRASH

My vacation time is reserved. I plan on making it to Fordyce, the 'Con and Barrett. I do plan on heading back home mid week and then coming back up. Need to restock, clean up and check in at home. I am thinking my K+N FIPK will be a very bad idea for Fordyce. :bawl:

Hope to see you all there.
Bryan

I put in for my vacation. Hope to make it for all three!

Back