• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

odd sway bar diameter ?

markpr

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,

I picked up a set of 28mm energy suspension sway bar bushings having measured my sway bar using the unscientific string method at 27mm.

I just used a pair of digital calipers and the actual measurement is 26.2mm next to the existing bushing on the bar.

So which bushing set should I be using? Energy Suspension has sets for 24,mm 25mm and 28mm sway bars? Anyone else had this problem?

I emailed energy suspension a week ago but haven't heard back.As far as I know this is the stock sway bar for my '95 sport (I bought it 5 years and 85K Miles ago)

thanks

Mark

Ditto what Jeff said. You are measuring rust and dirt so the bar will seem bigger. Just round down to the next "standard size" and install those.

I just went through the same dilemma and ended up installing the Energy Suspension 1 1/16" busihings which equate to about 26.9 mm. They fit fine on the front but the brackets don't line up perfectly and you have to use some muscle to get both bolts to thread correctly. I think the "published" diameter on that sway bar is 27 mm. If you're comfortable with your measurement of 26.2 mm, then go with a 1" (25.4 mm) or the 25 mm.

Thanks for all the info and help.

I'm going to send back the 28mm kit and try and see if I can get the 25mm ones around the bar. If not, I'll just pick up the universal ones where I need them...

thanks again.

Mark

Back