• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good deal on Mike Leach header?

XJVenom

NAXJA Forum User
I just picked up a Mike Leach header off of E-Bay for $280.00 USD (including shipping). It's brand new, has never been installed, still in packaging.

Has anyone seen this header go for this price range before? I thought it was a good deal, but I just want to double check with those who've also compared prices for these and similar headers.

I'm gonna be running it on a 91 HO rig. Engine mods already installed are: high flow cone filter, 62mm TB, and Off-Road ignition kit by Jacobs. I've got a late model intake manifold, 2.5" Carsound high flow cat, and 2.5" high flow Magnaflow muffler sitting in my room waiting to be installed as well.

Let me know what you think!

Venom

XJVenom said:
I just picked up a Mike Leach header off of E-Bay for $280.00 USD (including shipping). It's brand new, has never been installed, still in packaging.

Has anyone seen this header go for this price range before? I thought it was a good deal, but I just want to double check with those who've also compared prices for these and similar headers.

I'm gonna be running it on a 91 HO rig. Engine mods already installed are: high flow cone filter, 62mm TB, and Off-Road ignition kit by Jacobs. I've got a late model intake manifold, 2.5" Carsound high flow cat, and 2.5" high flow Magnaflow muffler sitting in my room waiting to be installed as well.

Let me know what you think!

Venom

Sound like a reall cool deal, i am looking to get a similar deal on the banks though. As long as you dont lift your jeep above 3" it should be fine.

ravi

rav said:
Sound like a reall cool deal, i am looking to get a similar deal on the banks though. As long as you dont lift your jeep above 3" it should be fine.

ravi

Actually I was planning on lifting it around 4 or 5. What's the issues with lifting it higher than 3" with this setup?

XJVenom said:
Actually I was planning on lifting it around 4 or 5. What's the issues with lifting it higher than 3" with this setup?

From what i have heard it will rub against your drive shaft, i am sure others will give more details, and this is why i am looking for the banks header for my 99 stroker project.

ravi

rav said:
From what i have heard it will rub against your drive shaft, i am sure others will give more details, and this is why i am looking for the banks header for my 99 stroker project.

ravi

Thanks for the info. I'll have to search the boards for that. I never saw that in my previous searches on this type of header. The only other clearance issue I've heard of in the past was concerning the Thorley headers.

I've got a Mike Leach w/ 4" lift. $280 was a decent deal ($375 reg)

Yes - the driveshaft does rub the header. More of a crunching sound as the yoke ears whack against it when the passenger tire is stuffed.

The noise does turn heads on the trail though. :)

Back