• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP242 w/SYE problem ... any ideas ?

bchulett

NAXJA Member #999
A few months ago I had a RE 4.5" lift installed by a local shop ... including f/r d-shafts and Currie SYE. I just tried to drop it into 4H Part-Time and nothing happened---it worked before they split the case.

I'm kinda afraid to go further ... not knowing what could possibly happen.

Any ideas ??

It could be several things from loose linkage to improperly installed internal components (pick one). If the shop installed it, take it back and make them fix it. Watch the repair if possible and see what it takes to get you going again.

Bones :skull1:

from what I learned taking my 242 apart three times, where you have the position of the shifter when u reinstall will affect that.
Manually go through each one and see if its working. Neutral especially.

Thanks for the input guys ... I'll check all the above.

If the shop installed it, take it back and make them fix it. Watch the repair if possible and see what it takes to get you going again.

I'd do this, but at this point, I think it would be the blind leading the blind ... and, to be honest, I really don't have the time to stand around and observe a primate attempting to perform a technical function ... I may as well just follow the instructions and do it myself.

Since there was other installation issues, I'm not one for wasting energy on trying to resolve another problem with this shop's owners ... I think I'd rather do it in court. My educated guess is they've been there before.

Anyone know a reputable shop (including dealers) in SoCal that knows the NP242 ... that can also deal with a Currie SYE ?

Again, thanks.

Taking apart a t-case is not hard at all and if you have the "let's see if this works" and you aren't afraid of it, you shouldn't have any problems figuring out your problem. Just make sure you have ALL the sockets you need to open the case, that is - test every bolt regardless if they all look the same. I know with my NP-241 there is a 6-sided 10mm bolt that needs a 12-sided socket to take off.

Back