• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone with coilovers in the front?

zjmikey

NAXJA Forum User
I know there are some guys here with Coilovers in the front, If you do can you post some pics??

trying to get some ideas...

I am picking up my Sway-a-ways's this weekend. They should be done in the next couple of weeks as long as the under-hood fabrication goes OK. I have to relocate my ARB compressor and my coolant bottle. I am getting the 14" 2" remote res. version. and will set it up with about 5" of up and 9" of droop.

SeanP

that looks like about what I want to do, my issue is the cross brace is gonna be a beatch... because I have the V8 (its a zj) but the front geometry is still the same..

I am just tired of the damn coil rub issue with the trackbar, and coilover are alot more compact...

I figure I sell my Acos, my Bilsteins, and my coils, its not much different except the fab cost.. .

how did you mount the hoops to the unibody, did you make a subframe and they mount to that??

I already have a subframe that goes from the crossmember to the rear, I guess I would need to extend it up to the motor mount area...

Thanks for the pics, if you have a link to more that would be cool..

Ill ring in! :D
This is what I have done up till now:
coil4.jpg
coil1.jpg

coil2.jpg
coil3.jpg

Big dawg 31" tires (wont roll out of the garage on 37"s
Arms need to be shortened and Hoops need to be fiinished

why weld the tabs to the cast? looks good just curious though. I made mounts for my c/o
Farthest point outward. out of the way of the radius arms. Really no room on the axle. All the buggies are doing it, why cant I? :D :D

zjmikey said:
that looks like about what I want to do, my issue is the cross brace is gonna be a beatch... because I have the V8 (its a zj) but the front geometry is still the same..

I am just tired of the damn coil rub issue with the trackbar, and coilover are alot more compact...

I figure I sell my Acos, my Bilsteins, and my coils, its not much different except the fab cost.. .

I get first dibs on the ACOS

Back