• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OX Locker Experts ?

DXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I had an OX locker installed in my D30 a couple years ago in my 95. All was great until recently. It's starting to "click". When going around sharp turns to the left it clicks with the speed I'm going. It is NOT the U-joints. It is from the diff.

I'm hoping that adjusting the cable will solve my problem. At least I think I should try the easiest thing first. Since I didn't do this myself the first time I need the manual that I can't seem to find. Where can I get a version of the install/adjust directions? Is there a link to see how to do this? Does someone have a copy of this they can scan and send me or help me in a way that I haven't thought of yet? I tried getting a phone number for them but the only one I found was disconnected.

Any other experience with this symptom in an OX locker that might help me?

Thanks - Dan

I clicks when it's unlocked or locked?
To adjust it, take out the two locking screws and loosen the jam nut on the barrel adjuster. You'll want to turn the barrel one way or another depending on what you want to do. Just remember that the shifter is pushing the cable when the unit is in the locked position. So if you have a problem with the locker poping out of engagement when you want it locked you want to shorten the housing in relation to the cable. If it's grabbing and skipping while it's in the unlocked position you'll want to lengthen the housing in relation to the cable.
I have almost 40,000 miles on my D30 OX and haven't had any problems what so ever.
Also, you may want to take off the diff cover to inspect everything if you haven't done that lately.

Jes

Since I didn't install it I have to ask, you're talking about at the lever end of the cable right?

It clicks when it's not engaged so it seems I would have to lengthen the housing relative to the cable? I think I visualize what you are saying. Unfortunately I won't be able to get to do it until this weekend. Thanks for the input.

Thanks Jes.

I would still appreciate any diagrams or pics of the instructions since I am very visually oriented.

Yes, I'm talking about the shifter end of the cable and yes, if it seems like it's dragging a little try lengthening the housing. Do small adjustments(like 3/4-1 turn) as a little adjustment can make a difference.
Sorry, don't know where to find any pics or diagrams but if you look at the shifter and cable you should be able to figure it out. Have you ever worked on a bicycle? ;)

Jes

Thanks for your help. With your input I'm sure I'll figure it out when I get to the cable side of the lever. I'm just hoping adjustment will fix my problem.

Thanks again,
Dan

YES! I am the MASTER of all things OX Locker!

Ok, that might be a slight overstatement.

I left work a little early to get to it. After I got the entire center console apart, I stared at the cable for a while then adjusted it about 3/4 turn. Put it back together enough to test drive and no more clicking. It locks and unlocks just as before.

Thanks a ton for your input Jes.
Dan

Back