• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake light won't shut off

kmagnuss_2000

NAXJA Forum User
Last week:
Put on 2" lift. In the process I put on extended rear brake line. Bled brakes afterward. Brake resevoir got low. Brake light turned on. Filled resevoir back up. Brake light still on. Disconnected battery for a minute. Brake light still on. Any ideas?

-Keith

Oh, and I raced a ricerboy prelude tonight and beat him 0-60...twice. Hah.

As im sure you know, the brakes are split front to back in the xjs. In between where the lines connect on the MC there is a small piston. The piston is incorporated into your sensor which senses a brake pressure imbalance. If there is more pressure in the front (in your case) And less in the back because of air in the system, this piston will be pushed to the side with less pressure. This turns the brake light on.I would try bleeding the rear brakes again, starting with the passenger rear since it is the longest line, then the driver's rear. What method of bleeding are you using? I use a brake fluid injector which pushes the fluid into the wheel cylinders and up into the resevoir, this is very effective and take very little time. I would try bleeding again. If you want, I can email you a picture of what i am talking about within the Master Cylinder. Email me at [email protected].
~Joe~

Back