• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control Arms for 8" lift

Adam Duncan

NAXJA Forum User
What do you think would be my best bet for control arms for 8 inches total lift if im on a budget. I see rustys makes custom control arms, and I think I can use the adjustable UCA's for 6.5 inch lifts, and get some good lowers, but Im not quite sure. What companys should I look into or avoid, and keep in mind im on a budget.

at 8 inches of lift you REALLY SHOULD use either drop brackets mid arm or long arms. If you dont it will ride like crap and you wont flex for crap.

It depends on if you get them used fab them yourelf the cheapst your going to find new is 600 700 I am pretty sure there is someone selling a long arm ugrade in the for sale section right now.

i use rubicons drop brackets and control arms with 8 inch skyjacker springs and 2" spacers, it rides and flexes great, although even after the steering conversion my drag link is still at an awkard angle, that is next on the truck to do list. Anyway, if on a budget do fixed arms but if you go bigger than go adj., i hate being on a budget

Adam Duncan said:
What do you think would be my best bet for control arms for 8 inches total lift if im on a budget. I see rustys makes custom control arms, and I think I can use the adjustable UCA's for 6.5 inch lifts, and get some good lowers, but Im not quite sure. What companys should I look into or avoid, and keep in mind im on a budget.

pm cruzzinXJ, he's selling his 8" skyjacker lift.

Back