• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep vin stickers and bumper questions

biscuitboy87

NAXJA Forum User
i got my jeep back from the body shop and it looks like they switched hoods on me. its a lighter color (sun?) and has heat cracks in it (the jeep does have 62000 miles on it though?) and i noticed the vin number sticker on the right side (looking at the opened hood) peeling off from the corner.
also how can i tell if they are using genuine mopar parts...they said they would, but they put the classic bumpers on instead of the original sport bumpers...and they actually feel like they are made of thinner material.
also why would they take the hood off at all...heres the funny thing...they unplugged the engine compartment light??? why? i plugged it back in thinking they had just made a boo boo, but now the turn signal flashes really fast...
i dont really care at this point as i have been argueing with 21ST century insurance company (who wants me to take the vehicle back..arrrggghhh!) from day one and made the mistake of trusting them on several counts. lesson...insurance related issues take your time. so....how can one tell if it is truely oem or not?

biscuitboy87 said:
also why would they take the hood off at all?

They probably left a tool in it and closed it and screwed up the hood. In regards to the original pats IIRC the mopar parts have a chyrsler or mopar logo stamped or molded.

thank you. i'll keep my eyes open. i have never delt with auto issues before so i really appreciate everybodies knowledge. ttfn

If the turn signal flashes real fast it's usually a sign that a bulb is burned out or there is a bad ground. Check your turn bulbs and check your ICC marker lights to make sure all the bulbs are working.
Plugging in the hood lamp may in some FM way may have screwed with the current path. Just a guess.
Tom

Yup, and the body shop probably found that out and decided not to fix the problem and just unplugged the underhood light figuring you would never notice...

thanks guys. checked the wiring and bulbs, and it did turn out to be a burnt bulb. good thing to, because i am not adept at troubleshooting wiring. the shop put classic bumpers on instead of the sport bumpers which i'm having them change...because i like the look better. i don't like the color match stuff...just my personal tastes. thanks again.

Back