• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Plans

wyrdvans

NAXJA Forum User
Lately I've been thinking long and hard about lifting my 95 XJ mainly because I'm in the market for new tires. And like any good jeeper, I would like to go bigger and upgrade instead of getting stock. I would like to fit 31s on stock wheels and keep the need to replace already upgraded parts to a minimum when I decide to go bigger.

So far I have a friend selling me his used RE 3.5 aal which I'm hoping to get about 3" out of. For the front, I'm looking at getting some ZJ V8 front springs and mating them with a JKS ACOS to allow for easy adjustments.

For the shocks I was looking at OME but now I'm leaning to Doetsch Tech 9000 mainly because they are less expensive.

For the Trackbar I was told the RE1660 is the best to get so I figured I'd get that and the bracket so when I go bigger I'll have the best I can get. My only concern is that it won't work with a lift less than 4". Any comments on this?

Lastly I'll get the Teraflex discos because they are less expensive than JKS and I know someone that uses them with 5" of lift which is probably where I'll end up in the not-so-near future.

So, is this a good plan?...What would you change?...Forsee any problems?

Thanks,
Jason

Back