• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone run boggers

shimmy

NAXJA Forum User
i know these perform decent in mud, but how about rocks and grip ability?
anyone tried the new 33x10.5 flavor?

im running 35 14.5's and they work great on rocks/mud/etc, I dont care for them too much in dirt, they really dig and deep.

-Red

I dunno why you'd run *boggers* for rock crawling...as in Western rock crawling...as in *no bogs* unless you really go looking for them.

MT/R's are king in this department and can actually also be daily driven. If you are talking about some place where it actually rains, I can't help you :D.

Nay

Nay said:
I dunno why you'd run *boggers* for rock crawling...as in Western rock crawling...as in *no bogs* unless you really go looking for them.

MT/R's are king in this department and can actually also be daily driven. If you are talking about some place where it actually rains, I can't help you :D.

Nay

seeing as he lives in washington I am going to assume it rains where he lives. I have no idea how well boggers work in the rocks but I know I hate my mtr's they have no lateral traction they just slide right off rocks and they gum up like my old streets did in the mud. The next tire I am getting is the BFG crawler.

Boggers are fairly hard. They don't stick to slickrock all that well, but they are very durable. Noisy as anything out there.

shimmy said:
i know these perform decent in mud, but how about rocks and grip ability?
anyone tried the new 33x10.5 flavor?

shoot wsuxjer a pm, he lives in WA, wheels frequently and runs them on an XJ.

azxjman said:
seeing as he lives in washington I am going to assume it rains where he lives.

Oops, didn't put 2 and 2 together as far as location. :wstupid:

Do people wheel in Washington?

Nay

I run the Swamper SX and I love them... the sidewalls are stiff (don't bow at all at 12 psi) but as far as traction they are great on rocks, sand, mud and ok on dirt roads. I can say that if you are looking for a "nice ride" then get some procomp AT's.

DeadEyeJ said:
Boggers are fairly hard. They don't stick to slickrock all that well, but they are very durable. Noisy as anything out there.

This is the exact oppostite of my experience.

Boggers are soft, wear out quickly if driven on the street and are noisy.

Ok, I guess I can agree on the last one.

Never driven slickrock so I cannot comment on that.

Cherokeekid you just need to get on the east side of the mountains :p Although I can't say first hand as I just got my XJ and my pa isn't too found of the idea of lots of mud, I haven't got to go much yet, but atleast in my area there's plenty of places to go. Maybe 10ish in our valley that's maybe 30-35 miles wide. There's atleast 2 that I know of that are like 5 minutes from my house :p

verrive said:
Cherokeekid you just need to get on the east side of the mountains :p Although I can't say first hand as I just got my XJ and my pa isn't too found of the idea of lots of mud, I haven't got to go much yet, but atleast in my area there's plenty of places to go. Maybe 10ish in our valley that's maybe 30-35 miles wide. There's atleast 2 that I know of that are like 5 minutes from my house :p

you ever go over to naches

Here are my grooved Boggers, if you give a sh*t...

707868mvc-075s.jpg

707867mvc-074s.jpg

707866mvc-066s.jpg

;) This is how I grooved mine.

grooved1.jpg

grooved2.jpg

Are you getting those ready for the show-n-shine? I see you have them clenaed up and gel coated real nice :pirate1:

Back