• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Smooth Durabak

Nay

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody used the smooth durabak as exterior "paint"? This is the stuff without all the ground up rubber granules. Since I don't plan on climbing my Jeep (I'll probably regret saying this one day and wish the side of my XJ had great traction), the "non-skid" properties of regular Durabak are kind of unnecessary for an exterior application.

I am feeling the need to ugly-up my Jeep a bit, but not quite as ugly as standard Durabak. UV protectant Durabak 18 would seem to fit the bill perfectly, for less money than a substandard Maacover paint job.

Thanks,
Nay

Nay said:
Anybody used the smooth durabak as exterior "paint"? This is the stuff without all the ground up rubber granules. Since I don't plan on climbing my Jeep (I'll probably regret saying this one day and wish the side of my XJ had great traction), the "non-skid" properties of regular Durabak are kind of unnecessary for an exterior application.

I am feeling the need to ugly-up my Jeep a bit, but not quite as ugly as standard Durabak. UV protectant Durabak 18 would seem to fit the bill perfectly, for less money than a substandard Maacover paint job.

Thanks,
Nay

Nay, did you get them to send you a chip of the smooth? I did and it really didn't seem that smooth. Still planning to do the outside in their blue though and for the same dollar amount reason as you, plus I figured it'd stop all the minor scratches from happening.

Back