• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blazer driveshaft question

XtremeJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a Blazer cv driveshaft. It measures 33" from flange to rear u-joint (slip yoke is out about an inch, I can get it free yet) The rear u-joints bolt right in to the dana 35 yoke. The front flange holes are 3" center to center. Can I use this with an sye? Anybody know what adapters, if any, to use? Thanks, Earl

What's the spacing on your front drive shaft flange? Wouldn't it be great if they were the same? (Duuno -- I've taken 'em out, but never measured the bolt spacing.)

The holes are 3" apart. The cv u-joints are slightly larger than the rear. Where can I get a yoke that will fit these joints after removing the flange and has the proper splines for my 96 np231?

what year blazer? full size or s-10? front or rear shaft?

Somebody out there must have tried a late model Bronco driveshaft. These things would be awesome as a swap. these are everywhere and my buddies is holding up fine with a 429 , 35's and stock 3.55 gearing. The wheelbase is about the same as a cherokee but i do not have a SYE to try this out.

The driveshaft is a front, I think, from a full size Blazer. Anybody know a cheaper place than driveshaft superstore to buy an sye?

XtremeJ said:
The driveshaft is a front, I think, from a full size Blazer. Anybody know a cheaper place than driveshaft superstore to buy an sye?

How about the front driveshaft out of a Cherokee? That's what I use as a spare set. The tubing is a bit thin (.088" wall) for primary rock work, but they work great as a spare, and one shaft fits both my front and rear (though my driveline is longer than stock, so this may not work for everyone.)

CRASH

Back