• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help quick

METAL MONKEY

NAXJA Forum User
i'm installing a kevin's hd track bar conversion. everything is fine but the axle end. the metal sleeve is for a 1/2" bolt, which it came with, and is much larger than the stock bolt. do i use the stock bolt and have play in the bushing, or do i drill out the stock mount to use the 1/2" bolt. if i drill it out, what is the best way to hold the nut on when tightening it. i can't seem to get anyting to fit back behind the mount.

thanks

anyone? it's getting ready to rain. would it be okay if i put the stock bolt back in until i can find out a definite answer? forgot to add that his online directions say to reuse the stock bolt and nut plate, but that doesn't seem to make any sense since the bolt is smaller than the sleeve.

btt

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't know. But if you put the stock bolt back in, you will have a lot of play (but, that's probably why you changed out your track bar anyway, so you may be used to driving it that way).

Can't you call customer service and ask? Directions didn't say?

Maybe do a google search, search Jeeps unlimited, Jeep.com, Ilovejeeps.com, everywhere to see if somebody else has had this problem too. Surely they have.

Don't know. Sorry. My RE Trackbard uses the factory bolt and tab nut. Do you have any sleeves left over from doing a shock install? I had some left over from my D3000's that would have fit in to make up the difference. Hope that helps.

ok, thanks for your input, i went ahead and drilled out the mount for the 1/2" bolt. It was a major PITA. at least for me it was. anyways, after installing the track bar and centering the axle, should i get it realigned? it always has had some pull to the right, and the shop never really did a good job of centering my steering wheel. i'm definitely not going back to the same shop. any recommendations on where to go for a good alignment?

Thanks

Back