• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

planning a trip to yer neck of da woods in da spring .

LONEWULFE

NAXJA Forum User
Ill know dates around the first of the year . my questions are:

1. how far of a drive to moab from Dallas TX ?

2.ill have 2 maybe 3 other friends along for the trip with there rigs
but we have never been there and dont want to get lost :roll: yea right men lost ? sheesh .

3.also hotels in town range from $ to $ ?

4.are there any other sights to take in othere than wheelin <will have women folk with us and figure they would want to buy somestuff > :roll:

5. last but no least we will be trailering our rigs there is there a place to leave tow rigs and trailers where driing on the main drag will not pose a problem ? cause one of my buds drives a toy thats not street legal ..

TIA for your help look forword to placing faces with BB names !.

keep at least 2 wheels on the ground cause you havent quite gone over yet !~

I'll answer as many questions as I can. I have been to Moab many times and it has always been my experience that they are very "off road friendly" there. You see non street legal rigs all the time on the strip. Can't guarantee they won't give tickets, etc, but I see plenty driving around. Hotels are fairly cheap, like $40 to $60 a night. Do a search on the internet & you'll find plenty. I am sure you can leave your tow rig & trailers at the motel/hotel as well. Sights a plenty in Moab! You have Arches & Canyonlands National Parks, Lake Powell a couple hours south. The scenery is just incredible! There are also lots of shops in town too.
JP

Here's the site for Moab: http://moab-utah.com , almost all of the hotels/campgrounds are listed here. I stayed at the Inca Inn last Easter. It's not too fancy, but cheap, and the people who run it are real nice. It's a bit of a walk into town though, and I'm not sure that they have a place for trailers. Call, ask. Don't worry, my girlfriend spent a ton of money the last time I took her to Moab. Lot's of shops.

:) thanks for the link and info . im sure we will have a blast !

Back