• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New borla header HELP!!!!!!

Benji

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed the header but now it throws up computer code lean fuel mixture. i dont have any more cash to spend after getting the header any one no a quick fix other than the map ajuster.

First of all, check to make sure that you've got all of the sensors connected up.

Secondly, make sure that you've got the header and intake manifold down tight on the gasket. If you don't, you'll get a leak and confuse the O2 sensor.

What year?

when i installed the header i used the torque specs 1-5 24lb 6-7 17lb 8-11 24lb. ill go over them one more time just to be shure. what about after the down pip if there is a leak there would that make a dif. its a 94 xj

Okay, you've got the same as I do, a 94 XJ.

Just because you meet torque spec doesn't mean that it's seated. When I first did mine 4+ years ago, 2 of the floating washers hung up on rough spots on the flanges. You should be able to hear a leak if it's causing the O2 sensor to go lean. Mine certainly did, it had a good pop under the hood, and my gas mileage just plain sucked. Something else you can try. This may help if the intake is also not seated: give the manifolds a squirt of carb cleaner while it's running. If you've got a leak at the intake manifold gasket, the engine will speed up when it sucks in the carb cleaner.

You've got a single O2 sensor, and it's in the header itself. No sensors beyond that, so even if you've got a leak at the cross pipe, it shouldn't trigger anything.

How old is the O2 sensor? And how are the wires?

Good question on the o2 as far as i know its the one that came with the jeep!! lol i got the jeep at 96,000 miles it now has 130,000. man thats gona cost :( thanks for your help :)

Did you reset the PCM after you installed the header?

yep.... everything is fixed now thanks for the help guys... retightening the manifold bolts and resetting the computer has worked out all the bugs.... now to go and test out the power hahahahahaha:)

Back