• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alumiflex tie rod

trekker

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang,
I am considering one of these but had a couple of questions. I have seen them advertised as being made by both Challenger Performance(out of business), and Toys By Troy. Are these the same?
Also, anyone with some experience with these, what do you think?
Thanks,
Todd

I love mine. It was a little too bling at first, but scratched aluminum looks even better. It is a solid bar of aluminum so it's pretty damn tough.

CHA2008bent_l.jpg
Not my jeep.

The cheapest place I could find for it is macromotive. HTH

Last edited:
Hey Terry,
Thanks for posting. Good to hear a review. I'm torn between the Alumiflex and the Big Daddy, which also sounds real beefy.
Todd

I don't know about the Big Daddy, but I went with the Alumiflex over any type of DOM rod because I personally didn't want to break anything due to a rigidity but rather let the parts flex out of the situation.

There aren't any adverse effects on-road either due to a flexy rod.

I have a BigDaddy tie rod. It IS beefy, and I doubt it would EVER bend.
Terry's got a good point, though. A hard impact with mine is going to transmit shock/damage other places. (TREs, drag link, etc.) That's why I did the Goferit flip bushing for the driver's side. It puts the tie rod pretty much out of the way.

Okie Terry said:
I love mine. It was a little too bling at first, but scratched aluminum looks even better. It is a solid bar of aluminum so it's pretty damn tough.

CHA2008bent_l.jpg
Not my jeep.

The cheapest place I could find for it is macromotive. HTH

Macromotive=Challenger=Off Road Unlimited (in Arizona), all owned by Phil Alu.

TBT makes (or subs out) the tie rods

Back