• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what size tire for my setup?

PC-UT-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
i have the biggest RE Springs (4.5" gives 6 or whatever) and the coil spacers + RE 4.5" coils to match it. Fenders are trimmed with bushwackers. Custom 44 in rear with front 30 spline shafts, 4.56 gears. also the rear wilderness racks bumper ( says it can only handle a 33" tire . . . any way to make it hold bigger?)

my 32" MT/R's are wearing down and i dunno whether to go with 33" or 35?

with an RE 4.5" lift and 1" spacers you can fit 35's if you cut your fenders right and add 3" bumpstops. That Wilderness rack shoul dbe able to carry more...

34x10.5 LTB's. I ran 36's wiht a similar set up and have gotten way more outta my POS wiht the smaller tires. They may sound kinda fruity, but they work like champs, and are cheap.

PC-UT-XJ said:
i have the biggest RE Springs (4.5" gives 6 or whatever) and the coil spacers + RE 4.5" coils to match it. Fenders are trimmed with bushwackers. Custom 44 in rear with front 30 spline shafts, 4.56 gears. also the rear wilderness racks bumper ( says it can only handle a 33" tire . . . any way to make it hold bigger?)

my 32" MT/R's are wearing down and i dunno whether to go with 33" or 35?

Based on your build list.........I'm assuming that money is not an object, so head on up to 16" wheels and get you some 285/75/16 MTR's. You get the heigth of a 33 and the width of a 32/11.50 and less sloppy sidewall flex when aired down. Did a side by side comparo today and they make the 32's look like 31's. I'm diggin em, and they stuff nicely too...........BTW, RE now makes a taller coil....... are you gonna show at any local NAXJA Imtn. Chapter events so we can check out your rig?

thanks for the feedback but it looks like when i need some new tires ill be going with 33's. And yes i will show up to intermountain events, i hope you got my money. im doing the naxja moab rim run in one week and then the intermountain chapter moab thingy on the 23-24th.

Back