• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tach not working

mtrxj

NAXJA Forum User
On my way home today my tach quit working. I won't make it back to the shop to pull a diagram till Mon. Any body ever have there tach quit working in a 91-up XJ quit working? What was it?

after i did a white face indiglo gauge face install, my tach has been intermittant.

if, after i start the engine, sometimes the tach doesnt move from the bottom "0" position, but a quick tap on the plastic cover usually makes it pop back to life

HTH a little

CaptTrev

CaptTrev said:
after i did a white face indiglo gauge face install, my tach has been intermittant.

if, after i start the engine, sometimes the tach doesnt move from the bottom "0" position, but a quick tap on the plastic cover usually makes it pop back to life

HTH a little

CaptTrev
Exact same thing with mine, only mine is off by about 300-500 rpms now. And "tapping" doesn't get it going, only reving it. Luckily, since I've been driving and watching the tach, I can tell about where the rpms are without the tach just by the sound.

Back