• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pizza cutters

maineiac

NAXJA Forum User
i am looking at super swamper 34x9.50's and i will have about 5.5 lift i was wondering if they would look stupid.
do any of you guys have pics of these tires on an xj
thanks,Maineiac

XJ Paul said:
I have 33x9.50's. I bought the XJ with them on.. I can't wait till they wear out so I can justify buying wider ones..

I ran my old XJ on these tires, I liked them. Even now, I'm only running 12.5's and they're 38's.

I run 33x10.5's,pics on my homepage!

well, since the original question DID specifically ask about appearance (opinon based)

i would have to say that (especially) with a lifted rig, wider looks better

ive run 9.5's 10.5's and now im on 12.5's and i really like the way they look the best.

and for the amount of beach driving i do, they work really well. they do well on the highway too. (be careful with hitting big puddles at high speed though--XJ's are arent very heavy, and the wide tire+standing water+high speed could=bad news if you arent careful....but i havent had any problems)

as for function--tire width needs to be a function of where you do your driving. but thats a whole nother topic ;)

HTH

CaptTrev

Well all I run is narrow tires...First was 31x9.50 then 32x9.50 and now running 34x10.50 SS LTB all I will run will be SS and they will be narrow I am not into cutting my flares I have a 6.5" Long Arm from Rusty and I love the way it looks. I don't have a recent pic but I will take one tomrrow and post it...

I too am running the 34x10.5 LTB's. I'm running them on some baisc Rock Crawler rims, and they look just as burly as the 36x12.5's I ran wiht the same set up. I'm flare-less and they stick out about 1.5", look BA and throw plenty of mud.

Back