• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Avenger Superchargers

KinesthesiaDrums

NAXJA Forum User
I'm not sure but I think Avenger uses an autorotor blower, which like Kenne Bell's unit (and Whipple)is a twin-screw design. I understand the twin screw setups allow less heat transfer and less hp to run, twin screw + intercooler = very nice but expensive....
If you have a couple of grand to blow (excuse the pun) go with the Kenne Bell

If you're on a budget there's a few others on the market that have blower setups (Accurate Engine) but I think (I might be wrong) their setups use Eaton/roots type blowers

If you're really on a tight budget buy an eaton M90 or M112 off Ebay an fab it to work for you...It's been done...going that way myself

Considered centrifugals and turbo's but I just needed that extra grunt throughout the whole rpm range..

Gil "Blow Me" Bullycatz

Looked at the choices myself. Both Bell, Avenger and Hesco use the Whipple which is overkill application for the kind of boost you will utilize. Don't even consider a turbo or centrifigal, you want torque not HP at top end. If you use the right blower displacement, you won't need an intercooler.

sjx40250 said:
Looked at the choices myself. Both Bell, Avenger and Hesco use the Whipple which is overkill application for the kind of boost you will utilize. Don't even consider a turbo or centrifigal, you want torque not HP at top end. If you use the right blower displacement, you won't need an intercooler.
well I have to disagree with a few things. awhipple is a damn good unit and an intercooler isa great addition to any force induction. the whipples give boost quick and are very effctive. and the whole turbo dosent work well or dosent give you any low end power has been disproven already.

REDXJ4FUN
I don't think we are in disagreement.

A Whipple is a good supercharger when it is used for what is was designed for. I have no issues with the design concepts(clever) or the unit. 80+% of all A/C units for buildings use "screw" type superchargers. I am not convinced that the extra money buys you that much at automotive boost levels. Clearly it works, but at a price premium.

I would also agree that intercooling is always a plus. Again, it is an issue of economics. If you run at lower rpm, you are not generating that much heat with the right supercharger displacement. The ROI may not justify intercooling.

I am of the opinion that the supercharger, at lower RPM, is a better option than a turbo, not to mention exhaust impedence, thermo issues and lubrication challenges. I have yet to talk to anyone, with engineering knowledge, who will argue that a turbo will provide boost as soon as or earlier than a supercharger.

Back