• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coils- upcountry?

mikeygone1

NAXJA Forum User
I was out on www.partsamerica.com website and found two sets of coil springs for a 92 XJ Country.

One was a TRW cc778 Cargo coils-this one has one pig tail end and another tangential end.

The other was the TRW cc782 cargo coil- this one says excludes HD and both ends have pigtails.

I am wanting to replace my front springs with UC ones. Are these the replacements? Thanks in advance.

Kejtar said:
IIRC UC was a "trim" version of Sport models available on 97+ models.
"Country" was a trim level, available 93-97. Up-Country was a package that offered, among other things, a 1" factory lift.

Yucca-Man said:
"Country" was a trim level, available 93-97. Up-Country was a package that offered, among other things, a 1" factory lift.
You're right... bad choice of words on my part :D but that's what I meant :D

mikeygone1 said:
I was out on www.partsamerica.com website and found two sets of coil springs for a 92 XJ Country.

One was a TRW cc778 Cargo coils-this one has one pig tail end and another tangential end.

The other was the TRW cc782 cargo coil- this one says excludes HD and both ends have pigtails.

I am wanting to replace my front springs with UC ones. Are these the replacements? Thanks in advance.

Pigtail?

XJ front springs have the top end wound in to a smaller diameter than the other coils. Is that what you mean by a "pigtail"? The lower end of XJ coils is the same diameter as the body of the spring, just chopped off. Sounds like the second listing you mentioned would not fit.

You need coils with one "pigtail" end and one "tangential" end. I don't know how they can list a two-pigtail coil for an XJ -- it won't fit. Period.

Back