• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

instrument cluster

strokedwoody

NAXJA Forum User
My MJ that I'm building has the base model gauge set up, no tach, idiot lights...etc... will a cluster that has all the bells and whistles go right in or should I just bag it and build my cluster from VDO gauges?

strokedwoody said:
My MJ that I'm building has the base model gauge set up, no tach, idiot lights...etc... will a cluster that has all the bells and whistles go right in or should I just bag it and build my cluster from VDO gauges?

You can swap in the fancy ones... you just have to change the oil pressure sending unit and temp sender. What year is your MJ? I have some gauges for sale.
Billy

JeepFreak21 said:
You can swap in the fancy ones... you just have to change the oil pressure sending unit and temp sender. What year is your MJ? I have some gauges for sale.
Billy
the MJ is an 88. I have several parts XJ's so I've got several "fancy" clusters, but I appreciate the offer. As far ass the sensors go , since I'm swapping in my stroker motor out of my XJ that had the fancy cluster, I guess all the sensors are there that I need...

Back