• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where to mount tach

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
i am getting one for free from a friend but its not real small, i dont know if i want a big tach stickin out on top of my dash like all the ricers have it.....just curious if anyone has other ideas and pics of where to mount one.
thanks

on my old 87 XJ, with only a big gas gauge and speedo (all else were idiot lights) i ended up buying a tach and mounting it on top of the steering column with a large hose clamp that i painted black.

IIRC it only partially blocked the giant gas gauge and a little bit of the speedo....but i liked it

HTH

CaptTrev

How big is it? Too large to mount to the right of the speedo on that blank panel? You know the one - below where the clock is on some models? There's a big empty behind that part

Pull the dash bezel - 4 screws. The black panel has two screws holding it and the empty space is about 3" deep

Jim

Back