• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New springs

mikeygone1

NAXJA Forum User
I have an RE 2inch lift that i am installing this weekend on my 88. I am also going to be purchasing a winch in the near future. My question is, should I go ahead and replace the front springs while im doing the lift? Also, would upcountry springs be an option in the front? How much lift do they give and where would I get them? Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Up Country springs are an option in the front. They sit about 1" taller than stock, and have a slightly stiffer spring rate than stock springs. If you're planning to add a winch I think they'd be a good choice.

Dealer is the best place to get them. Last time I checked they sold for around $60 or $65 each. Someone told me awhile ago that NAPA sells something called "cargo coils" for the XJ, but I checked NAPA on-line and couldn't find anything that seemed to fit the description.

Back