• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj-armors super air tube

cjmatt

NAXJA Forum User
has anyone checked this out, do you think its worth the extra money over theyre regular air tube? im new to the renix and am kinda confused on where to start tuning it for max performance.

Well the difference is stated on Steve's site. But for the extra money it's worth it. I had on of Rusty's air tubes way back, it doesn't have any plugs for some of the vacuum lines. I don't run a open air filter anymore. I do run XJ-Armor's Bored TB. I can say the improvement is noticable for sure. You can at the spacer to it as well. I run the stock air box with a K&N Filter connected to an ARB Snorkle. For exhaust I have the stock header, Car Sounds High Flow Cat and Borla Stainless Exhaust. I did have a Rubicon USA stainless header...POS. didn't have a flat flange surface on the two they sent me so back with the stock. Borla makes a nice one for the Renix 4.0.

But start with a Bored TB, air tube or K&N in the stock box, get a free flowing exhaust and cat and call it a day. Just my .02. Juice

i just recently put the XJ-Armor supertube assembly on...with the air-flow sensor remounted and whatnot. the bigger vacuum hoses (2) were a littel difficult to work with...i cut one a little shorter..but i made them work...for the two smaller vacuum tubes, one is attached to the OEM filter box feeder tube....so it's gone anyways, and the other i just plugged up....as suggested in the instructions that came with the tube.
i got the 3" K&N Cone Filter too....
first off, it definately sounds waaay different...at higher RPMs (3k and up) it sounds like a truck motor....like that deep rumbling, full of power sound...more so than the stock XJ 4.0L...lol
and at about 2k or so...where ever the city overdrive gear cruising speed is...theres a slight whistle....and you can hear it suck the air in just before the engine takes off when you punch the throttle...

and for power....it's not a huuge difference...but it's noticeable...jumps a little quicker, and accelerates a little better as well..

i'm going to get my throttle body bored and the TB spacer as well....when i get the money...

Last edited:
Why can't i find this thing online... im in the middle os a spending binge... I juat ordered my banks header and muffler, magnaflow cat, fastman throttle body, now i need an intake.... is this the best i can get?

Just a side note:
I installed the Borla exhaust (header to tip) and K&N in the stock box a few years ago. I use to run Splitfires. I thought everything was great and that I noticed improvement due to what I think is better VE.

At the next emissions test interval, I could not pass! NOx way up. Changed back to Champ plugs, still could not pass. Added the MAP adjuster, cranked it up to 5.45V....Passed!

Funny thing is, my engine runs a lot cooler with the NOx reduced and my MPG increased with noticable improvement in throttle response and acceleration! It's like a new rig.

Long story but, if you improve the breathing ability of your rig, you should make sure the A/F is retained.

Just my .02

Back