• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Lift Problem

BobCSmith

NAXJA Forum User
We just completed a custom LA lift using new skyjacker 6" springs front and rear. We recently found out the skyjacker 6" rear springs are actual 5.5", and we need a different shackle to gain the .5" back, currently were running stock shackle.
Our is the front passenger side is sitting a little over an 1 to an 1.5" or so lower than the driver side. Our only thought is we may have gotten a bad spring, but we find this unlikely. We also tried an experiment and jacked up one corner of the rear. It did straighten out the front, but we weren't sure how this actually helped us track down the problem.
What would cause this?
And what are the numbered steps finding the problem?
Thanks

are the skjacker springs new or used? if used, theres a good chance that owner before overflexed them and caused the uneven set up. i know because i did this and had to eventually buy new rear springs! as for making up the height distance, theres tons of shackles out there that offer 1-2" of lift. i would just get new springs. start all over

I would suspect the problem is coming from the rear as the leafs will usually over power the coils
If you just installed the kit and have not done much with it try loosening the shackels and spring bushing bolts then flex the suspension with a floorjack "this is what I had to do with mine when I installed it" good luck Jack

shimmy said:
are the skjacker springs new or used? if used, theres a good chance that owner before overflexed them and caused the uneven set up. i know because i did this and had to eventually buy new rear springs! as for making up the height distance, theres tons of shackles out there that offer 1-2" of lift. i would just get new springs. start all over

All springs are brand new and have never been used.

This same thing happened to me with one spring sitting lower than the other up front. After investigating, I noticed that one of my coils had swiveled clockwise and that it was not sitting firmly on the spring perch. By using a hi-lift jack I got enough weight off of the coil to get it swiveled back around. Not sure if this is what has happened to you but it may be worth a try.

Back