• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

carpet sectionalizing tips?

jeo

NAXJA Forum User
I'm starting to tear apart my interior today to rhinoline the floor, and I figured while I was in there, I would cut my carpet into sections so I can take it out in the future without taking out the seats. Has anyone done this, have writeups, tips, tricks advice, etc.? For those who are asking why I don't just take the carpets out and leave them out, I don't want my stereo sounding like I'm in a tin can. It also helps with warmth up here in Canada. :flame:
Thanks!!!

I cut my front carpet into 3 pieces - each side of the tunnel and the back seat foot well - I left the material under the console and it is still there even though I no longer use carpet...

Cut around the seat mounts, and leave a 1/2" or so to tuck under the door/ center console trim and it works fine...

I used a utility knife and it took about 30 min...

Matt

Ditto what Matt says, I did the same thing. Although I think I lost the front sections now..... :dunno:

The one I like to leave in is the one I have for the rear cargo area, seems to make it just a tad quieter, my fuel pump is sorta loud.

Anyways, like Matt said, just leave like .5-1" to tuck under the moldings and your set. My rear piece rarely moves, ever, when it's tucked in like it should.

I like this mod too, nice for wheeling up here in the mud and what not. I just yank my carpeting and mats so it doesnt get all dirty, makes cleanup easier too. :D

Back