• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Monthly meeting?

COXJ

NAXJA Member #989
you thing maby we should set up a monthly meeting like on the 2nd or 3rd sat evening of every month or sunday? this in addition to other small get toghthers that people set up. just a thought to get more of the COXJ list to join up with the NAXJA side of things.

I'm for that as long as:
a) It doesn't become a contingent requirement for membership
b) The location rotates monthly so members around the state can join in.

Before getting back to Colorado, I lived in the Phoenix area. There are plenty of Jeep or 4wd clubs down there, but they all have ig'nant requirements about membership..."must attend 8 meetings a year, go on 6 trail runs and do X hours community service and be voted in by existing members" It seems they always held their meetings at 7pm at the Fish place with crappy waitresses or had only 7 'official' trail runs. I worked evenings, so wasn't able to make most meetings anyway... That's one of the main reasons I was one of the half-dozen that established the Arizona Virtual Jeep Club (www.azvjc.org) in 1998 - we chose NOT to have mandatory meetings or trail runs. When I found NAXJA and some other Colorado-area Jeep groups I felt I had found the same thing; Jeepers that didn't require me to make X number of meetings to retain my membership. Let's not do that now.

Back