• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question for any DC techs

MojaveDXJ

NAXJA Member #756
I was looking at the AllData website under the recalls section and found an emissions recall on my 87. (Recall - Excessive Emissions & Exhaust Manifold Leak).
http://www.alldata.com/TSB/04/870417CN.html
I do have the "Exhaust Manifold Leak".
My question is, is this something that I can take to the local Jeep Service Center and have taken care of under the recall notice?
Thank for any replies.
Patrick
Mojave Desert XJ

Just depends if you already have had the recall done or not. That listing doesn't give the specifics of what part was recalled. There is an obscure rule that once a part is recalled, it is always covered under the recall if it fails again in a similar fashion. Some dealers will honor this rule, while other less informed dealers will not. If you would like to PM your VIN I can at least see if the recall has been completed or not. I don't have on-line access to pre-96 recalls and TSB's, so I can only tell you I can look into it while at work tomorrow.

Bryan

Interesting. Within the last week or two someone else posted something about a "silent warranty" covering the crack-prone exhaust manifolds on the non-HO 4.0L engines. I don't have the link handy and I don't recall which forum it was in, but a search might turn it up.

there was a chysler bulletin about extended wrty on 2.5 exhaust manifold
bolts breaking
i believe the wrty in canada was extended to 5 years or 100,000 klms
most we have done at my dealership included the manifold being replaced
because it was cracked also
I think it covered 1995 to 1997.
It was not a recall but a bulletin in canada.

Back