• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My dome light won't go off...

gupandme

NAXJA Forum User
:idea: so i took the bulbs out...had to... :idea:

It's an 87, the rear light switch never worked until last night, and it only turned them on, and now they won't go out. Any ideas?
I miss my dope scope.

I discovered on my 98 on the second nite I had it that if you accidently bump the rear cargo light with your head it takes 2 hours to get those interior lights to go off and thats providing your wife reads the owners manual [real men don't read owners manuals :twak:] and finds it before you start ripping switches out and probing with a meter in one hand and a factory service manual in the other. Then it's just a matter of pushing the switch again to turn them off :anon:

On my 96 I'm not entirely sure what happened to cause it, but the switch in my rear passenger door didn't open all the way when the door was shut. There's a penny duct-taped to the door frame now so the lights go off when they're supposed to.

Back