• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a few questions

MoulderXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am considering putting in a lift block until I can save up enough money for a 6 inch spring pack. I currently have a 3 inch add a leaf and a 2 inch chevy shackle, but I know hear that the combination of those with lift blocks isn't such a good idea.

1. Should my spring pack be able to hold up to the combination of shackles and blocks for about 2-3 months? I am planning on getting the 6 packs, but I wanna put on the 33's now, not in 3 months.

2. Where should I get the lift blocks? Should I get tappered or not?

3. I am going to need new u-bolts and I want some good ones, not some trash that will break with ease.

Appreciate the help

-Matt-

don't use lift blocks!

if you need the 33s now, cut the fenders. have you considered moving the leafs under the "frame" rails? that nets about 4" of lift.

do you have the front dealt with? i hope you're not just throwing a bunch of spacers on some 3" springs. do you have upper and lower control arms? adjustable trackbar? steering? drop brackets?...

bottom line is; 6 inches of lift gets expensive in many ways, don't skimp

I have the front taken care of. Tomken up and low control arms and tomken coils, and a rocky road trac bar. not doing pitman arm. all i need is rear to be 6 nches.

Back