• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cut out fenders/flares up front

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, so I started cutting out the fenders up front and I know that I will have to fab something out to remount the flares. I know that someone posted a while ago about redoing new mounts for the flares and moving them up.. who was it? How did you do it?

Also any other suggestions?

Thanks
Kejtar

for mine, I just ran self-tapping sheetmetal screws through the outer edge of the stock flare.

I would STRONGLY suggest getting rear MJ flares for the front if you do this. they're taller and longer than the stockers (they'll also look MUCH cleaner when done... if you care)

I still rubbed on the front of the flare, and they didn't cover my tread, so I put YJ flares on instead.

myxj06.jpg

hey cheap, I thought the MJ flares were no bigger than XJ fronts? or am i missing something?

MJ rear flares are bigger than XJ ones

I used an idea that Bill A Vista had on his site. I used zip ties to attach my flares. The idea is the ZT will break before the flare.
I moved my flares up and back.

I posted a few days back that the REAR MJ flares are the same size as the stock XJ fronts. The FRONT MJ rears might indeed be larger than the stock XJ fronts.

Back