• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with new lift

brandonsxj

NAXJA Forum User
After installing new skyjacker 6" front springs and new skyjacker 6" leaf springs, the front is sitting slightly higher than the front. We used the stock rear shackle, figuring we would get 6" all around.
Here is a bunch of questions
Would adding a longer shackle be the best way of leveling it off?
For those of you with skyjacker 6" lifts, the rear shackle they provide, is it longer than stock?
We will be installing a winch within the next week, will it influence the height in the front and should I wait and let it settle in before adjusting the rear?
How much sag from the front coils can you expect over time from a heavy winch and bumper?
Would an ACOS device be good to plan from the beginning to anticipate for some spring sag? And what is the minimum lift height the ACOS adds (Didn't want to go much over 6").
Thanks ahead for any help and responses.
:party:

brandonsxj said:
the front is sitting slightly higher than the front
The front is sitting slightly higher than the front eh?
That's interesting. How is that possible.
Give it a little bit of time to settle and see what happens. Drive it and flex it etc.

brandonsxj said:
Hard to say.
Is there a proper way to actual measure how much lift you are getting or the difference from from front to rear?
Measure from the center of the hub to the bottom of the stock flares (that is, if your flares are stock). Stock measurements are 17.5 " in the front and 17" in the rear.

Can't answer any of your other questions - but the ACOS adds a minimum of 1.25".

xjohnnyc said:
Measure from the center of the hub to the bottom of the stock flares (that is, if your flares are stock). Stock measurements are 17.5 " in the front and 17" in the rear.

Can't answer any of your other questions - but the ACOS adds a minimum of 1.25".
Flares are gone and fenders trimmed

If it was a kit and they sent the shackles. You should put them on. Now if you bought the leaves and the coils seperate, like i did, you have to buy the shackles too. When i bought the 8" coils, the leaves were 7.5" lift. So the shackle added the other .5" lift.

MATT

Scrappy said:
If it was a kit and they sent the shackles. You should put them on. Now if you bought the leaves and the coils seperate, like i did, you have to buy the shackles too. When i bought the 8" coils, the leaves were 7.5" lift. So the shackle added the other .5" lift.

MATT
Yes, we purchased them seperate. Did you use a skyjacker shackle or another brand to gain back the 1/2".

brandonsxj said:
After installing new skyjacker 6" front springs and new skyjacker 6" leaf springs, the front is sitting slightly higher than the front. We used the stock rear shackle, figuring we would get 6" all around.
Here is a bunch of questions
Would adding a longer shackle be the best way of leveling it off?
For those of you with skyjacker 6" lifts, the rear shackle they provide, is it longer than stock?
We will be installing a winch within the next week, will it influence the height in the front and should I wait and let it settle in before adjusting the rear?
How much sag from the front coils can you expect over time from a heavy winch and bumper?
Would an ACOS device be good to plan from the beginning to anticipate for some spring sag? And what is the minimum lift height the ACOS adds (Didn't want to go much over 6").
Thanks ahead for any help and responses.
:party:

The A.C.O.S. System will add 1 1/4" all by itself.
http://www.jksmfg.com/acos.htm
The above link will take you to JKS mfg, who just purchased ORGS who invented the A.C.O.S. System.

Hope this helps-
Jeff-97XJ

Back