• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

disconnected sway bar

xjhm

NAXJA Forum User
how much body roll can be expected when the sway bar is disconnected, particularly at a low speed off camber situation?
for instance a trail up a hill is blocked by a mud/tree slide... there is a path to the side (partly over and on the edge of the hill)but it is very off camber, but i have passed it before the jks disco , it was a little hairy and i was wanting to ask now before i find out from a bad experience...ie; rolling down the hill...
thanks

When I just had my front disco'd, I didn't notice too much more roll. Actually, it seemed to ride smoother. I just finished taking off the rear swaybar, & swapping my Auburn, for a Detroit, & I can feel the body roll pretty good, expecially, when the locker jumps. I'm 5 1/2". Like I said, I didn't notice a tremendous amount, w/ just the front unhooked, but w/ the rear, I can feel it pretty good. Best way I think, is just disco the front on the street, & drive around to get a feel of how it handles.

Rob

Wow,
That's a good question. I really don't have a great answer but I'm staying tuned to your thread to hear from those with some experience.
I will say that I definitely notice a bit more roll when discoed in some situations. It sounds like you are really using your head while wheeling, that's cool. Depending on just how much of a risk we are talking about here I would think you could very slowly experiment, but I wouldn't risk my DD (or my :moon: ).
JMO,
Todd

in my experiences it makes a huge difference takes a little getting used to, but i think it's all in the seat of your pants feel. i dont think it will make so much of a difference to make you tip.

if your really worried about it, fab up a way to put one of them $500 antirock swaybars on it :D]

the way i see it is that i can replace alot of body panels for $500 though.

Back