• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

msd off road 6

bheit4x4

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone installed one of these on their xj? If so im wondering exactly how you hooked it up and how do you like it or if you have had any problems with it

bheit4x4 said:
Has anyone installed one of these on their xj? If so im wondering exactly how you hooked it up and how do you like it or if you have had any problems with it

i had one, but sold it on ebay. depending on what year XJ you have, you may not even feel the difference with it on. sell it and get something cooler like an air compressor or even a CD player

brandon
if you decide to keep it, the install is simple. just follow the directions that it comes with, its just basic wire to wire connections...

Sold mine on eBay too. Made no difference in performance but it'll lighten your wallet. If you have to try it, you won't lose too much when you re-sell it on eBay.

I run a MSD 5 on mine. It made a 2 mpg difference and it “feels” like it has a little more power. The new Axcell coil helped out too, it picked up an additional 2 mpg and I would assume some horsepower as well. I have a couple of buddies that have MSD 6s and 6 Off Roads. I can’t tell any difference performance wise over my 5, but supposedly the 6 Off Road is sealed better. It may be a player if you plan on going through hood deep water :doh: I put in quick disconnects on mine when I installed it. If my MSD 5 takes a dump I can swap back to factory ignition in about 30 seconds :D For $60 (from Summit) it’s hard to beat an MSD 5 and you can afford to buy several for the price of one 6 Off Road.

thanks for all the info I installed mine last night and really just wanted to see if i had it hooked up right it just seemed too easy but yes like you said i cant really tell too much difference

Wiley Coyote said:
I run a MSD 5 on mine. It made a 2 mpg difference and it “feels” like it has a little more power. The new Axcell coil helped out too, it picked up an additional 2 mpg and I would assume some horsepower as well. I have a couple of buddies that have MSD 6s and 6 Off Roads. I can’t tell any difference performance wise over my 5, but supposedly the 6 Off Road is sealed better. It may be a player if you plan on going through hood deep water :doh: I put in quick disconnects on mine when I installed it. If my MSD 5 takes a dump I can swap back to factory ignition in about 30 seconds :D For $60 (from Summit) it’s hard to beat an MSD 5 and you can afford to buy several for the price of one 6 Off Road.

Do you have the link to where it is on Summit? I've been looking but they have tons of them listed.

I put one in my 94'. love it. noticable gain in power and economy. I mounted it upside down to the inside of the hood. I wasn't sure about the gains until the first one crapped out within a week. so when I bypassed it to get home I missed the extra power. it felt like I was up in altitude.

MSD sent me a new one and it works flawlwssly

Back